If you are someone who is dealing with Type 2 diabetes and looking to stabilize your blood sugar levels, it is vital you are always looking after your nutrition. If you fail to eat the right meals – and snacks for that matter; there is a good chance your blood sugar level will get out of control.
Fortunately, it does not have to feel like it is impossible to come up with a few tasty snacks that will work well to keep you feeling your best. Let us look at a few delicious and nutritious snack foods that are great for the diabetic dieter …
1. Pears And Cheese . Apples seem to get all the attention and while an apple is definitely a healthy and nutritious fruit, so is a pear. Moreover, pears can taste just as good with cheese as an apple does.
Pears are going to provide a good dose of fiber along with vitamin C, so will help keep your immune system at its best too.
2. Cheesy Toast. If you are a lover of cheese, take note it is not necessary to avoid cheese entirely. You need to turn to lighter versions of cheese, which will be naturally sugar-free and offers a healthy fat / protein combination.
Try melting a little cheese over some toasted Ezekiel bread, which is also a good source of slow digesting carbohydrates, and you will be all set.
3. Apples and Peanut Butter. So, apple makes its way into the equation after all. Smearing a little natural peanut butter – or almond if you prefer, onto your apple is a perfect well-balanced snack that will come in at around 200 calories.
It is going to provide you with a healthy mix of all three macronutrients; protein, fat, and carbs, plus a little-added fiber.
4. Fruit Parfait. Finally, do not overlook a delicious fruit parfait. To prepare this …
- slice some berries,
- dollop some Greek yogurt into a bowl, and then
- top with the berries along with a few nut pieces.
It is crunchy, it is sweet, and it is creamy. What more could you ask for?
Just be sure you are purchasing plain Greek yogurt rather than a fruit-flavored variety, which will come packed with excess sugar you do not need.
These delicious snacks will help make your day feel so much better so why not considering trying one of these the next time hunger strikes. All take less than five minutes to prepare and will help you take your diet plan up a notch or two.