Diabetes, also known as diabetes mellitus, has become a very common heath problem. Largely there are two types of diabetes that are known.ie
· Type 1 diabetes in which the body does not produce insulin
· Type 2 diabetes in which the body does not produce enough insulin or the insulin that is produced does not work properly.
Although the correct medication is required to regulate the blood sugar, there are few other steps you can take to get it under control, without resorting to drugs. Some of these remedies are well within your reach and in-fact some are present right in your kitchen.
Getting a regular Blood Sugar Test is one part of managing your diabetes successfully. Your blood sugar is tested both pre and post meal (ie before and after). This allows you to see how the meal affects your blood glucose levels and helps you to understand which meals may be best for your blood glucose control.
Low glucose, other called hypoglycemia, can be an unsafe condition. Low glucose can happen in individuals with diabetes who take medicines that expansion insulin levels in the body. Taking an excess of medicine, skipping dinners, eating not as much as expected, or practicing more than expected can prompt low glucose for these people.
Glucose is otherwise called glucose. Glucose originates from sustenance and serves as an imperative vitality hotspot for the body. Starches – sustenances, for example, rice, potatoes, bread, tortillas, grain, natural product, vegetables, and milk – are the body's primary wellspring of glucose.
The next part is to consult your diabetes specialist for further assistance on diet and medication to keep your glucose levels within the blood sugar range.
Low glucose, other called hypoglycemia, can be an unsafe condition. Low glucose can happen in individuals with diabetes who take meds that expansion insulin levels in the body. Taking an excess of solution, skipping dinners, eating not as much as would be expected, or practicing more than expected can prompt low glucose for these people.
Ways to Lower Blood Sugar Naturally
You can lower your blood sugar levels without drugs by using supplements and making a few simple, yet effective lifestyle changes.
- Get some light exercise regularly and usually the effects are seen within an hour. Exercise really helps to lower your blood glucose
- Practicing breathing exercises will keep a check on your stress levels and ultimately result in lower blood sugar levels
- You need to get adequate sleep to keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Taking smaller meals in a day. This helps you to break your carbohydrates, proteins and fats in the right proportion and avoids the problem of overeating, historically keeping your body weight in control.
Lower Blood Sugar without drugs
You can include supplements in your diet and which will reliably bring down your sugar levels quickly.
- You can take Cinnamon in the form of powder by adding it to your food or taking it as a supplement in the form of capsule. It has been noticed that cinnamon reduces blood sugar. Dosages of up to six grams per day can reduce blood sugar and other diabetes risk factors.
- Most of us include Curry Leaves in our diet, it is believed that curry leaves contain an ingredient that reduces the rate at which starch is broken down to glucose in diabetics. So, you can simply chew about 10 fresh curry leaves daily in the morning. Also, it helps reduce high cholesterol and obesity
- From time immemorial the benefits of Neem are well known. Apart from having anti-bacterial activity, this plant also has anti-diabetic activity, antimalarial, antifertility and antioxidant effects.
- The delicate and tender Mango leaves can be used to treat diabetes by regulating insulin levels in the blood. They can also help improve blood lipid profiles.
- Bitter Gourd helps increase pancreatic insulin secretion and prevents insulin resistance. Thus, bitter gourd is beneficial for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Indian Blackberry or Jamun, each part of the plant such as the leaves, berry and seeds can be used by those suffering from diabetes. In fact, research has shown that the fruits and seeds of this plant have hypoglycemic effects as they help reduce blood and urine sugar levels rapidlyly
- Other home remedies that are rich in vitamins and fiber are Guava, Ladies Finger and Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
While there is no cure for diabetes, with your blood sugar level under control you can live a totally normal life.